The Tactical Airfield Lighting Kit (TALKIT) is a lightweight, portable LED landing light system designed primarily for use by military forces to set up temporary landing zones, airstrips, Medevac pads or hot refuelling zones. The LED TALKIT provides LED runway lighting for fixed wing aircraft and LED helipad lighting for rotary operations to identify landing areas or drop zones at night at distances of up to 4kms operating in visible, NVG or FLIR modes.
Able to support non-overt, covert and FLIR operations, the LED runway lighting and helipad lighting system contains up to 8 LED landing lights, each weighing less than 1 kg, which can be controlled manually or by radio. The LED runway and helipad light source includes six stacked LED arrays that provide both visual and IR light output (3 white visual, 2 red/green and 1 IR) in a range of intensities and as a steady, flashing or rotating signal.
Power is supplied by rechargeable, high-density lithium-ion battery packs which allow the LED runway and helipad lighting system to be used over a broad range of temperatures, typically between -40°C and +50°C. The tactical LED landing light system is recharged via the drop in charger cradle located in the lid of the carrying case, which accepts either AC or DC input, allowing for solar recharge. Alternatively, DC power can be supplied directly to individual landing lights via a connector at the base of each light unit.
- Lightweight and man portable (8 light units and tripods)
- Designed for minimum size and weight
- Quick deployment, able to withstand the harshest conditions
- Supports covert (NVG), non-covert and FLIR operations
- Radio control up to 4km line of sight and manual control
- LED light source
- Rechargeable lithium ion batteries
- Primary cell back up
- Versatile charging options (mains power and solar)
- Power conversion facility
- Accommodates multiple landing zones
- Minimum of 8 hours output at maximum intensity and rechargeable to 95% capacity in 8 hours
- Range of accessories (Soft Rucksack Carry Case)
- Operates between -40ºC and +50º
- Portable LED runway lighting
- Portable LED helipad lighting
- Portable landing zones
- Refuelling or rearming areas
- Search and rescue missions
- Drop zone markers
- Military operations